The Bellator 93 card scheduled for March 21st at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee in Lewiston, Maine has been announced in its entirety. The card will feature the season 7 lightweight final between Marcin Held and Dave Jansen, and the season 8 welterweight tournament final with Ben Saunders taking on Douglas Lima.
The welterweight finals between Saunders and Lima is a rematch, as the two men met back in November of 2011 at Bellator 57. Lima won by stoppage from punches in the second round to win the tournament. He has since gone 3-1, with the lone loss coming to Bellator champion Ben Askren.
Lima’s striking is dangerous, as he proved again against Brian Baker in the semi finals. Saunders is going to have to better utilize his reach and height advantages if he is going to find success.
The winner gets a shot at title holder Askren. Certainly Lima will enter the fight favored to win again, but Saunders will be worth a look as the underdog.
As for the already delayed Lightweight final between Held and Jansen, look for Held to be slightly favored by the books. The match has been postponed for various reasons several times. The winner gets to challenge current Bellator Lightweight champion Michael Chandler for his belt.
The card also features Heavyweight action as Bellator vets Brett Rogers takes on Eric Prindle. Look for Rogers to bounceback after a loss in the season 7 tournament to eventual champion Alexander Volkov, though Rogers fights outside of Bellator later tonight. This match will likely land the loser a pink slip from Bellator, as Prindle has dropped two in a row.
The complete card appears below.
Bellator 93 – Complete Card (Subject To Change):
- Season 7 Lightweight Tournament Finals - Marcin Held vs. Dave Jansen
- Season 8 Welterweight Tournament Finals – Ben Saunders vs Douglas Lima
- Ryan Martinez v Travis Wiuff
- Eric Prindle v Brett Rogers
- Marcus Davis v Waachiim Spiritwolf
- Vince Murdock v John Raio
- Michael Page v Ryan Sanders
- Brent Dillingham v Mike Mucitelli
- Luc Bondole v Joe Pacheco
- Jason Butcher v Jack Hermansson
- Jesse Peterson v Dave Vitkay
- Jesse Erickson v Jon Lemke